Supporting Students with Diabetes
These resources have been designed for educators and school staff to help them understand more about what they can do to support students with type 1 diabetes. For information on specific aspects of diabetes (such as blood sugar, insulin, and emergency management), visit the section on Understanding Diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes: Rights and responsibilities
- Video series landing page
- 10 things school staff should know about type 1 diabetes
- How teachers can support students with type 1 diabetes
- Managing type 1 diabetes at school: An online course for educators and school staff
- Diabetes at School: What School Staff Should Know: This narrated PowerPoint presentation was created by the endocrinology staff at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario in Ottawa. Note that this file is very large (+100 MB).